1. On a recent trip to Madison, D and I had breakfast at Marigold Kitchen. We both had an order of one of the morning's specials -- granola pancakes with fresh berries and 100% pure Wisconsin maple syrup. I am still dreaming about those pancakes, they were so good!
2. On that same trip to Madison, I stopped in at the National Mustard Museum, which recently relocated there from their original location in Mt. Horeb. I was there to pick up some mustard seeds -- after making ketchup from scratch last week, I think I'm ready to tackle homemade mustard!
3. When my Mom and Dad were in town last weekend, we roadtripped down to Chippewa Falls to visit Leinie Lodge, taste some brews, and tour the Leinenkugel brewery. Though I've had Leinie's brews a few times, after a round of tasting, I now know for sure what to order the next time I'm out for dinner. (The Creamy Dark and the Honey Weiss were my favorites.)
4. On our way to the brewery, we couldn't help stopping at a cheese shop along the route. At Yellowstone Cheese (located in Cadott, Wisconsin), we picked up a bag of fresh (and super squeaky) white cheddar curds. Fresh cheese curds are my favorite.
5. On the last day my parents were in town, we stopped in at The Crimson Cafe for lunch. I am definitely going to have to re-create the brie and apple sandwich (on a delish cranberry-wild rice bread) along with the mixed green salad with crumbled pecans, gorgonzola cheese, chopped apples, dried cherries, and a homemade balsamic vinaigrette.